Wed May 25, 2011, 1:53 AM
- Listening to: alter egos
- Reading: little shapes that mean stuff when strung together
- Watching: the world be weird
- Playing: the game. which I just lost. and so did you.
- Eating: something, eventually
- Drinking: water, most likely
Last updated: May 31, 2012
Alright, full stop. I shouldn't even have to say this and I know I'm feeding trolls by doing so, but I want to be perfectly clear on something. In no way do I give permission to post my works for the purpose of making fun of them or linking to them via tumblr links in a derogatory manner. Should you or someone else choose to do so, you are in direct violation of copyright and as an individual posting work to the internet, I do have copyright. See the little © signs on my deviations? Those don't technically even have to be there for me to hold copyright on my works, but here on deviantArt they are there. If you make my content your content without my permission, even just a link, you are breaking copyright law.
Don't like what I do? Don't look at it. Seriously. Go away. I don't want to waste your precious time of which you obviously have too much. To those who wouldn't dream of doing something so nasty, have actual respect for creativity and individuality, and are wondering why the heck I'm even posting this, I want to say thanks for the support and it's not like I'm going to delete everything and stop posting. The bad guys win if I do that. Just be aware that there are some major trollops out there. Yeah, I know, "duh." Sigh. The doll hobby has enough issues, we don't need this crap.
Okay? Okay. Read on.
A'ight, let's do this thing. Being as one of my dreams is to give free artwork to the world, I'd seriously be quite honored to have people use my work. However, I'd appreciate credit for it. So I'm going to get specific here on exactly what my use rules are:
1) Anything that is a commission cannot be used by anyone other than the person who paid for the artwork. Duh. Gift art counts under this rule as well. If I didn't give it to you, no touchy.
2) Anything marked "mine" as in "do not steal", "do not use", or "no ganking" is completely off-limits.
3) Credit me: Link back to me here at deviantArt or put some sort of indicator on the artwork you're using that's mine; "Tirsden" is perfectly acceptable as it appears I've got the market on that alias all across teh 'net. If you normally put credit for something used in something like a blog in a specific place, not necessarily right smack in the layout itself, it's perfectly fine to credit me wherever that designation usually goes.
- You are doing something most people won't see, or it is a situation where you would verbally tell anyone who sees the work that "this artwork was done by Tirsden." Example: DVD menu for personal use. At that point, whatever watermark I left will have to suffice if it's still on the image... it's not like I can police something like that anyways. And I don't want anyone feeling guilty for using my stuffs in a project like that.
- I may at times give specific people permission to use certain things without needing to credit me.
- You don't need to credit me if the work is your commission or gift art from me. Just don't claim you made it.
4) You may modify my artwork as long as proper credit is given (see #3).
Exception: Do not repost my stuff in your gallery with simple color-shifts or filters added and then act like you're so cool you could figure out how to do that... that's way too close to art theft for my liking, even if credit is given to me. Mkay? Mkay. And this only applies to posting to galleries. If you're modifying the work in that way for a blog banner or the like, or even if you're posting something to your gallery that you are actually putting your own serious work into (like say, lineart, and you want a fractal background by me that you've color-shifted or added a filter to), that's fine!
5) You may not make money using my artwork. Sorry... if I'm not gonna make anything off it, neither are you.
- Commissions. If you paid for it, it's yours to do whatever the heck you want with it.
- Gift art. If I gave it to you, same deal. It is yours to do with as you please.
- If I give permission on a specific image or set of images to a specific person to be used in any way they wish.
6) If you really want to use my artwork in something that would make a profit, send me a note here on DA and pitch me your idea. You never know...
7) No touching the written deviations. They mine. Phear. If you really are interested in using something there, send me a note. (You can fanart/fanfic heck out of anything I've done, though. I don't mind! 'Twould be an honor, yes it would.)
8) Since I've got a lot of doll photography up now, it's worth mentioning that yes, I don't mind if you use my doll photography in the same ways listed above. I know a lot of people freak out over that, and to each their own, but if my doll's finished look impresses you enough to want to use it in a layout or as a roleplay character image on a forum or something, knock yourself out. Naturally, credit me, and we're all happy.
9) If at all possible, show me what you did! I want to seeee!
So what does this mean? Well, I can give you some more ideas here if you aren't already checking the above rules because you already know what you want to do. You could use my fractals / drawings / CGs as a background or banner for a blog, tweak out a lineart you're working on, print out my pictures and hang them on your wall (if anyone actually does that, I be totally thrilled ), etc.
Yes, most of my gallery says (c) Tirsden as opposed to using a creative commons license. I'm not about to go through over a thousand gallery entries to change that. Plus I'm kinda notorious for forgetting to change that anyways... so unless I'm paying better attention... everything will probably still be listed as (c).
good that you put "a few" rules for your art... because its ART. (if we try to get a concret idea of what is art, it would be more probable that humans discover intelligent life out this planet than getting the EXACT definition)
*touched stuff all marked yours* lol